What is Google Tag Manager?
- Analytics Compatibility: When used with Google Analytics, Tag Manager can provide valuable user insights
- Built in Security: Tag Manager allows administrators to set permissions on who can access the account
- Free Tracking: Tag Manager is a free tool that helps your website track user behavior
- Simple Installation: Tag Manager makes it easy to install tracking applications from Google and 3rd parties
For roofing companies looking for an advantage in 2018, Google Tag Manager could be a great place to start. The possibilities are extensive as websites can incorporate a variety of exciting tracking applications which will produce valuable insights into user behavior and help inform your company on how to best improve the conversion process. To add Google Tag Manager to your website, give us a call at (800) 353-5758.
Event Tracking for Roofers
Combining Tag Manager with Google Analytics allows all websites to track specific events. The term event refers to a defined action completed by a website visitor. Any action you can think of that would inform your company about user behavior can be considered an event. Some examples include:
- Clicking an External Link: Track the amount of users that click on an external link, perhaps to a review profile of your company
- Engagement with Maps: Track how often users engage with an embedded Geo-Map of your company’s location
- Submitting a Form: Track the number of users that press submit on a contact or subscription form
- Watching a YouTube Video: Track the number of users that press play on an embedded YouTube video
It’s easy to imagine how this information can be useful to any roofing company. By gauging how users interact with elements of your website you can improve them accordingly. The more efficiently we can convert website visitors into roofing leads, the more ROI you will earn from your internet marketing endeavors.
How to Use Google Tag Manager
Though Google Tag Manager does not require in-depth knowledge of code, it is still recommended that a professional handle its installation. Roofing Webmasters can configure your website to utilize both Tag Manager and Google Analytics so that they work together to provide insights about user behavior. Roofing contractors who wish to install Tag Manager on their own should refer to Google’s Quick Start Guide.
It is important to note that installations can be customized for more in-depth tracking and security measures. The most basic installation does not account for events and variables, nor does it allow for renaming of data layers. If you would like to discuss Google Tag Manager and how it can enhance your roofing website analytics, give us a call at (800) 353-5758.