In 2018, roofers should be clear that online reputation directly influences revenue. One of the most important aspects of reputation management is online review monitoring. The most impactful review platform available on the internet is Google My Business. Google Reviews are immediately visible on search results for local roofing companies. When properly managed, Google Reviews should do the following for roofers:
- Establish Identity: The presence of reviews on a fully completed My Business page contributes to brand development
- Improve Visibility: The generation of positive reviews can increase local search ranking
- Increase Trust: More consumers will trust your roofing company
- Influence Decisions: More consumers will select your services over competitors
Customers can review your roofing company on websites like Yelp, Angie’s List, and HomeAdvisor. However, the most prominent review system of them all comes straight from the search engine that your roofing company is trying to rank on; Google. Reviews are critical to the success of your roofing company. Since many people will be discovering your roofing company via Google, having reviews, particularly positive ones, will separate you from other contractors with a lesser presence. Call (800) 353-5758 for roofer Google Reviews management.
Generating Google Reviews for Roofers
Acknowledging the importance of reviews is a good start, but how do roofing contractors go about generating them on Google? The best thing to do is find an internet marketing company that handles review management, like Roofing Webmasters. Below we will detail the steps we take to help your company generate reviews on Google My Business, an action that will promote brand development, and exponentially improve your online presence. Consider the steps below:
- Step 1 – Claim Your Listing: We claim your Google My Business listing
- Step 2 – Optimize and Verify: We add credibility to your profile through optimization and verification
- Step 3 – Links on Website: Our design team embeds a link to review your company on Google
- Step 4 – Text Message Invites: We set up text message marketing inviting customers to review
Aside from the steps we take, there are further things you can do as a roofing company to collect even more reviews. After you complete a service, you can ask the customer, in person, if they would consider leaving a Google Review. You can also copy and paste the links we add to your website in your email signature so that customers are encouraged to leave a review with every email exchange. The key is making it as simple as possible for the customer. They don’t want to spend alot of time, so if you can make it quick with links, you have a better chance of generating reviews..
Responding to Negative Google Reviews
Every review provides feedback for your roofing company and outlines areas of strength, as well as areas where improvement might be necessary. Doing your part to encourage feedback will help your business learn more about your customer base. Responding to reviews, both negative and positive, can help build trust for your company, and encourage customer growth. You should also view every negative review as a PR opportunity for your business. But how should roofing contractors respond to negative Google Reviews? By doing the following:
- Attempt Resolution: Look to resolve the issue through an apology, or compensation of some form
- Be Professional: Practice courtesy and use appropriate language
- Be Concise: Don’t over-explain yourself, keep it short
- Follow Up: Attempt to continue the conversation in private, either through phone, private messaging, text, or email
Consult with Google for more information about reading and replying to reviews. Being in business for a long time makes occasional negative reviews inevitable. If they start to become regular, you have a problem on your hands that traces back to performance or customer service. People who check your Google Reviews will see how you responded to negative feedback and form an opinion of your company based on your level of professionalism. By encouraging your satisfied customers to leave reviews, the positive ones should keep your star rating at or above the 4 star mark. Call (800) 353-5758 for roofer Google Reviews management services.