Should Roofers Invest In Website Maintenance?
Yes. According to a study by Google, 53% of mobile websites are abandoned if they take more than 3 seconds to load. An unattended error can slow down your website, and end up costing you more than half of your would-be website visitors. The financial implications are so great, that Google released an Impact Calculator to project dollars lost due to poor site speed. Any of the following issues can slow down a website’s loading time:
- Flash Content: Adobe flash is a kind of multimedia that is incompatible with most mobile devices
- Image File Size: Large image files can bog down site speed, and is often the most common cause of loading delay
- Messy Code: Large blocks of obtrusive code contribute unnecessary web elements
- Shared Hosting: If your website is hosted on a “shared” plan, spikes in traffic can delay loading times
Roofing Webmasters is a one-stop-solution for all of the problems above. By partnering with us, you have access to some of the top web designers in the industry, along with highly qualified SEO consultants, and a team of extensively trained content developers. As part of our monthly agreement, we provide ongoing website maintenance services to each of our clients. You will never have to worry about your website “being down” for an extended period, as we will catch and correct the problem ASAP. Call (800) 353-5758 for roofer website maintenance services.
Required Credentials For Website Maintenance
You’ve likely seen advertisements for do-it-yourself website services like Weebly, Squarespace, and Wix. Though these platforms can produce presentable web pages, they lack the SEO potential of a manually designed website. Because the interfaces of Weebly, Wix, and others have empowered everyone to be a web designer, the downside of this method is often overlooked. Websites that are designed “from scratch” are easier to crawl and index on search engines, and bestow a greater control over web elements. Credentials Required for website maintenance include:
- CSS / HTML: Knowledge of code languages, specifically CSS and HTML is critical to proper maintenance
- CMS: Knowledge of content management systems, such as; WordPress and Drupal
- PHP: Knowledge of widely known scripting languages, and how they are implemented
- Structured Data: Familiarity with structured microdata, including schema.org
- Web Directories: An understanding of directories, the files within them, and how they interact with one another
Website problems, even common ones, are not issues an average computer user can solve on their own. In more complicated cases, particularity those involving code, attempts to fix the problem can lead to costly mistakes. In fact, novice web designers regularly wipe entire websites off of the internet. If not backed up, the lost content is irretrievable, and can end up having massive financial implications for businesses. Save yourself the stress of amateur web maintenance, and invest in the proffesionals at Roofing Webmasters.
Consequences of Ignoring Your Roofing Website
I can’t count how many roofers we’ve talked to who have had their website sitting idly for several months, and even years. These misinformed contractors mistakenly believe that the presence of a website alone will serve a valuable marketing purpose. Unbeknownst to them, they are wasting dollars each month on hosting, and losing out to competitors in customer acquisition. A low performance website can impact more than just web traffic, and can actually damage your company’s online reputation.
If you have left your website unattended for some time, you can get back on track in 2018 with Roofing Webmasters. Our internet marketing services are all-inclusive, meaning not only does it include ongoing website maintenance, but also search engine optimization, social media management, and directory listings cleanup. To further discuss website maintenance services, and how they contribute to roofer ROI, give us a call today at (800) 353-5758.