In 2018, Facebook is not what it was 5 years ago. Back in 2013 roofing companies could create a Facebook Business Page and generate 15-20% organic reach. Those numbers are a pipe dream in today’s Facebook marketing landscape. And it may be getting worse. Facebook officially announced a change to their algorithm in 2018. A January article titled News Feed FYI: Bringing People Closer Together, details there algorithmic changes. The article touches on a few points:
- Branding: Facebook had started to become more about brands than friends and family, a trend this algorithm hopes to reverse
- Manipulation: In recent years, Facebook has been a prime spot for brands to manipulate users with misleading headlines, and other unethical tactics
- Oversaturation: Facebook had become oversaturated with click bait that was diverting users attention from the original concept of social networking
- Quality: Facebook has recognized that time spent on their social network had started to become mindless and bad for society, something that hope to change with this ne update
So what does all of this mean for roofing companies? Well, a lot of things. Facebook isn’t trying to hide the fact that branded content will be less visible than ever before, and this will surely create a drop in organic reach. Does that mean you should abandon Facebook entirely? No. At the very least, Facebook still serves as one of the more well known business directories. Having a presence on Facebook should remain a priority. Call (800) 353-5758 for roofer Facebook marketing services.
How Active Should Roofing Companies be on Facebook?
Considering the latest update, roofing companies should remain active, but less so than before. Instead of focusing on quantity, Business Pages should now focus on quality. After all, if Facebook’s goal is to provide a more meaningful social media experience, the best thing to do is provide meaningful content and interaction. At the very least, roofing companies should continue to monitor their Facebook reviews (if enabled) and mentions of their brand in public discourse. So what does meaningful content look like?
- Communal: Try to get the community engaged with your content
- Informative: Make sure content is well-written and serves a purpose
- Live: The ascendance of Facebook Live encourages organic reach
- Relevant: Only create posts that are relevant to your industry
Your Facebook business page should have professional presentation. Much like your website, your business page is a representation of your roofing company. That means, optimizing your cover image so that it is the correct dimensions for display. It also means having a consistent logo throughout your page for branding purposes. The cleaner looking your Facebook business page is, the more people will trust your company. Live video and high quality images usually generate the most interest on Facebook.
Facebook for Roofing Contractors
Do you have a Facebook business page? Is it lacking the necessary activity to generate interest? If you are a roofing contractor looking to build a social media presence with Facebook, you should consider Facebook management services from Roofing Webmasters. We offer full service marketing for roofing contractors. That means your website, blog posts, and social media will all work together to generate interest in your roofing company
We understand that roofing contractors don’t have the time or resources to manage all their social media accounts. Still, it is critical to your online presence that you are available on popular social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. If you understand that your presence on social media promotes customer growth and increased sales, you’ll begin to understand why its a necessary component to internet marketing . For roofer Facebook management, give us a call at (800) 353-5758.