Backlinks have been a critical aspect of search engine optimization since its origin. Still, it remains one of the most perplexing and misunderstood elements of internet marketing. A backlink is an incoming link from an external URL and helps search engines determine a website’s authority, quality, and credibility. With the evolution of Google algorithms, many websites have suffered ranking drops due to poor inbound link building practices. Roofing Webmasters offers backlink monitoring to contractors across the nation. Our goal is to ensure each of your inbound links is:
- Authoritative: Coming from an authority in the roofing industry or a related field
- Credible: Originating from a credible source with good standing
- Natural: Built organically rather than manipuatively
- Relevant: Corresponding to the content to which it links to
Roofing websites must earn inbound links in order to maximize organic reach. Though certain links can be generated manually through business listing directories, or solicitation, the most valuable links are formed naturally based on content marketing and brand development. If your content or brand is worthy of mentions on other websites and blogs, inbound links will begin to generate organically. Roofing companies must be mindful of manual link building strategies, as search engines will penalize any link building behavior deemed manipulative. Call (800) 353-5758 for roofer backlink monitoring services.
How To Earn Quality Roofing Backlinks
Since earning quality backlinks is the best way to increase organic reach, how does a roofing website put itself in the best position to be linked to? There are several ways in which a website can improve its chances of earning natural links. Roofing Webmasters employs a team of web designers, SEO experts, and content writers to form material worthy of being linked to. There are a few basic ways in which we optimize your roofing website for natural link building:
- Brand Development: A well designed logo, clear philosophy, and defined culture attracts praise
- Content Marketing: Creating and optimizing high quality roofing content
- Social Sharing: Posting blog links on social media can reveal content to a larger audience
- Regular Blogging: Publishing monthly blog posts creates more link-worthy content
At Roofing Webmasters we provide quality backlink monitoring services by checking inbound links to ensure they originate from quality sources. In 2018, Google can easily distinguish a high quality inbound link from a low quality one. Penalties for link schemes are severe and can permanently damage your website’s SEO potential. For these reasons, it is imperative to have eyes on your links at all times. We understand that time is limited for roofing contractors running day to day operations. The good news is that we are here to help, and ensure your website remains in good standing with Google.
How To Disavow Poor Roofing Backlinks
For websites that do have poor inbound links, there is still hope. Google offers a free Disavow Links Tool so that websites can distance themselves from unsolicited links that originate on low quality sources. If a previous marketing company unethically purchased backlinks on your behalf, Google’s Disavow Tool can help you get back on track. At Roofing Webmasters, we use the Disavow Tool to help roofing websites recover from low quality inbound links. Links such as these usually originate from the following sources:
- Content Farms: We’ve all seen the clickbait headlines that lead to empty spam and popups, and links from these sources create a bad association for your website
- Internet Forums: Often times users will spam links to websites on discussion forums
- Russian (or other international) Websites: Your target audience is local and not abroad, where many spam sites originate
- Spam Comments: Links originating from comment sections on blogs
If an SEO company ever promises you thousands of backlinks, you can immediately dismiss them as illegitimate. Promises of that nature are major red flags and indicate one of two things. Either false advertising, or an intention for manipulative link building practices that will have your website penalized. Not only will you have wasted the money you spent on their services, but you will end up losing even more recovering your website from penalty. Avoiding all of these headaches is as simple as partnering with Roofing Webmasters for all your internet marketing needs. To further discuss roofer backlink monitoring, give us a call at (800) 353-5758.