Inbound links, often refereed to as backlinks, have always played a prominent role in search engine optimization. In the early days of the internet, manipulative link schemes could ascend a basic web page to #1 on Google search results. The search engine has long since cracked down on that behavior, and will now penalize any website caught engaging in it. With that in mind, it’s important for roofing companies to monitor inbound links. Since not all incoming links are under your control, they must be regularly monitored. Good backlinks are:
- Authoritative: Coming from an authority in the roofing industry or a related field
- Credible: Originating from a credible source with good standing
- Natural: Built organically rather than manipuatively
- Relevant: Corresponding to the content to which it links to
Backlinks still play a major role in SEO, the difference today is that they must be earned. While link building was a reasonable practice in the internet’s early era, buying or exchanging links can no longer improve search rankings. The most valuable links are now formed naturally through content marketing and brand development. Consistently good content production encourages other credible websites to start linking to your pages. Roofing companies should also stay mindful of manual link building strategies, as many of them border on manipulation. Call (800) 353-5758 for backlink monitoring services for roofers.
How To Earn Quality Roofing Backlinks
Earning quality backlinks is the best way to increase organic reach. There are several ways a website can improve its chances of being linked to by credible and authoritative domains. Roofing Webmasters is at the forefront of digital marketing and is constantly evaluating the best practices for roofing companies. Our team includes web designers, SEO experts, content marketers, and PPC managers. We understand how to produce content worth linking to. Below are some basic ways in which to optimize an online presence for natural link building:
- Brand Development: A well designed logo, clear philosophy, and defined culture attracts praise
- Content Marketing: Creating and optimizing high quality roofing content
- Social Sharing: Posting blog links on social media can reveal content to a larger audience
- Regular Blogging: Publishing monthly blog posts creates more link-worthy content
To monitor backlinks, is to ensure that they originate from quality sources. Google strictly adheres to its policy against manipulative link building — and links from low-quality, and spam-heavy websites are not conducive to a organic ranking improvement. Penalties for link schemes are severe, and can permanently damage a website’s SEO. We keep eyes on your links at all times, with knowledge that not all links are formed with the your consent. Spammers may try to create inbound links without your knowledge or consent, and it can have the negative long term implication.
How To Disavow Poor Roofing Backlinks
For website’s with poor inbound links, Google offers a free Disavow Links Tool, which allows websites to disassociate from suspect linking root domains. Sometimes these connections were self-inflicted, perhaps from a previous marketing company that handled your campaign, and sometimes they are simply bad luck or random. In either case, using the Disavow Tool to repair your link profile puts you one step closer to an ideal online presence. Low quality links originate from the following sources:
- Content Farms: Clickbait headlines that lead to empty spam and popups
- Internet Forums: Spam links to websites on discussion forums
- Russian (or other international) Websites: Websites promoting gibberish or foreign languages
- Spam Comments: Links originating from comment sections on blogs
Any service promising thousands of backlinks can be red flagged immediately. Promises like these indicate false advertising, or in worse cases, manipulative link building practices. In the latter scenario, your website is subject to Google penalty. Not only will you have wasted money on an illegitimate marketing company, but you now have to deal with penalty recovery, and the headache that comes along with it. To prevent any of these issues, invest in backlink monitoring from Roofing Webmasters by calling (800) 353-5758.