Roofing companies know they want to rank high on Google search results, but in order to do so, they must understand how Google determines ranking positions. The popular search engine uses something called an algorithm to determine where websites rank on results pages. An algorithm is defined as a process of rules to be followed by a computer. As time has passed, Google’s algorithm has become more sophisticated, and better enforces Google’s ideology of user experience. In general, their algorithm prioritizes:
- Content Quality: The quality of on-page content
- Link Associations: The value of inbound links based on the authority of their source
- Site Speed: How quickly web pages load, especially on mobile
- User Experience: How easily a user accesses and navigates a website (especially on mobile), and for how long they stay on it
Roofing Webmasters is constantly updated on the latest algorithm changes, and utilizes the new information to adjust online strategy. Since algorithms aim to enhance user experience, our focus is always on creating the best experience for website visitors. If Google finds that users enjoy your website, they are more likely to rank it higher on search results. With each new algorithm update, the area of focus will remain on improving usability. To learn more about Google algorithm updates for roofers, call (800) 353-5758.
How Roofing Contractors Can Keep Up With Google
By partnering with Roofing Webmasters, you ensure your website always adheres to the latest algorithm updates. In fact, with our expert SEO analysts and web designers, you will more likely be ahead of the curve. We can anticipate algorithm changes because we follow the overarching theme of positive user experience. To get a feel for how algorithm updates look, consider some of the most recent official updates below:
- 2011 – Panda: Cracked down on plagiarism, keyword stuffing, and thin content
- 2012 – Penguin: Discouraged spam linking and manipulative anchor text
- 2013 – Hummingbird: Further enforced content quality standards
- 2014 – Pigeon: Increased standards for on-page SEO and off-site SEO
- 2015 – Mobile: Placed a greater priority on mobile experience
- 2015 – RankBrain: Dejected poor user interface (UX) elements
- 2016 – Possum: Ensured results were location-specific
- 2017 – Fred: Disallowed spammy affiliate websites
Attempting to keep up with algorithm changes on your own can be exhausting, and also presents the possibility of missing out on important details. While you are busy scheduling roof replacements for the month, Roofing Webmasters will be ensuring that your website keeps generating more of them. Great leaders delegate their responsibilities, and we hope to be your choice for internet marketing in 2018.
Why Roofing Contractors Need Google
There is no greater distributor of information than Google search engine. It is the modern day Yellow Pages, TV commercials, and encyclopedias, all rolled into one. The platform has become so popular that Google has become a verb. When people say to “Google” something, they mean to search for it. In today’s highly competitive digital landscape, visibility on Google is not a luxury, but a necessity. Roofing Webmasters can ensure your presence is strong and sustainable.
Remaining in good standing with Google is crucial to roofing companies throughout the United States. Although algorithmic impacts are often confused as official Google Penalties, in either case, your website is not meeting Google’s ethical standards. The technology used by Google to determine rankings will get more sophisticated with each passing year. The good news is that we know what their main objective is, so we can anticipate changes moving forward. Call (800) 353-5758 to learn more about Google algorithm updates for roofers.